The main activities undertaken by the region include:-
- Coordination of the annual event programme to ensure that there is no clash of event dates within the region and with other events, either nationally or in regions close by.
- Organise and pay for a Junior Squad. This selects good and promising orienteers from the clubs and gives them additional training.
- Stage major events such as the JK and the British Orienteering Championships which are too large for anyone club to take on its own. These are staged, in general about once every 10 years in the North West.
- Stage the Lakes 5 Day event every four years
The NWOA open clubs are:-
- Border Liners Orienteering Club (BL)
- Deeside Orienteering Club (DEE)
- Lakeland Orienteering Club (LOC)
- Manchester and District Orienteering Club (MDOC)
- Pendle Forest Orienteers (PFO)
- South East Lancs. Orienteering Club (SELOC)
- South Ribble Orienteering Club (SROC)
- Warrior Orienteering Club (WAROC)
- West Cumberland Orienteering Club (WCOC)
- Isle of Man Orienteering Club
See other entries Categorised under: About